The Osprey Tempest 40 Litre Ultralight Women's Hiking Backpack was designed with lightweight multi-day trips and travelers in mind. When navigating technical terrain, an injection-molded AirScape® backpanel and continuous-wrap harness and hipbelt move with you. This streamlined women's-specific pack features a separate sleeping bag compartment, zippered hip pockets, ice axe and trekking pole attachment points and reservoir sleeve. Constructed with high-quality bluesign®-approved recycled high-tenacity nylon with a PFC-free DWR coating.
Simpler is often better, and if you prefer going light and moving fast in the woods, mountains and beyond, the Tempest 40 is the pack for you. 40L of capacity is perfect for committing day hikes and lightweight multi-day trips. Ventilated and comfortable, the women's specific BioStretch™ harness and continuous wrap hipbelt combine with a fiberglass frame to create an incredibly stable carry system that hugs your body so you can stay balanced on the trail, ridge or peak. We scratched our heads and updated our AirScape™ backpanel to use less material and glue while making it more breathable to keep you cool on hot days. When uphills turn technical, our Stow-on-the-Go™ trekking pole carry system keeps your hands free for upward movement. Zippered hipbelts, side stretch mesh pockets with dual access, a harness pocket, and top-lid storage provide all the organization you need.Features and Specifications
An injection-molded, die-cut foam AirScape backpanel creates a breathable, close-to-body fit. A flexible BioStretch harness and hipbelt, with a continuous lumbar-to-hipbelt wrap, allow for dynamic movement.
Light and Fast
A lightweight pack series designed with optimal stability for dynamic movement even on the most technical terrain.
From top-loaders to lumbar packs and everything in between, the Talon/Tempest Series accommodates the needs of hikers, bikers and more.
Constructed with high-quality bluesign®-approved recycled high-tenacity nylon.
- Top load access to main compartment
- Floating top lid with zippered slash pocket
- Under lid zippered mesh pocket with key clip
- Large stretch mesh front panel pocket
- Tuck-away dual ice ax attachment with bungee tie-off
- Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment
- Dual upper and lower side compression straps
- Dual entry stretch mesh side pockets
- External hydration reservoir sleeve
- Easy-access, expandable stretch mesh harness pocket
- Dual-zippered hipbelt pockets
- Leave No Trace principles label inside main compartment
- Removable sleeping pad straps
Injection-molded AirScape framesheet with die-cut foam provides a close-to-body stable fit while offering flexibility and ventilated airflow channels for active use
Mesh-covered foam lumbar for lightweight and comfortable contact surfaces
Integrated BioStretch seams offer maximum flexibility without sacrificing stability for dynamic body movement
Spacermesh over die-cut foam provides breathable, comfortable contact surface
Harness system easily adjusts to fit various torso lengths
Adjustable sternum strap with safety whistle buckle
Seamless lumbar-to-hipbelt body wrap and BioStretch seams offer maximum flexibility without sacrificing stability for dynamic body movement
Spacermesh over die-cut foam provides breathable, comfortable contact surface Crossbody ErgoPull hipbelt system to pull lumbar into body
LightWire peripheral frame effectively transfers load to hipbelt
Volumes and Weights
US and International weight and volume specifications
|65 cm||34 cm||26 cm|
Key Fabrics used:
- MAIN: bluesign®-approved recycled 100D x 210D wave check high-tenacity nylon, PFC-free DWR
- ACCENT: bluesign®-approved recycled 420HD nylon packcloth, PFC-free DWR
- BOTTOM:bluesign®-approved recycled 420HD nylon packcloth, PFC-free DWR
Sizing and Fitting of your Osprey Pack
|Osprey Tempest 40 Litre Backpack||WXS/WS||
|Back Length||13-17"/ 33 - 43 cm||16-20"/ 40.5-51 cm|