The Patagonia Men's Better Sweater is a warm, low-bulk full-zip jacket made of soft, sweater-knit 100% recycled polyester fleece. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
With a sweater-knit face and moisture-wicking fleece interior for warmth, Patagonia's Better Sweater® Jacket can be worn over a shirt as outerwear or layered under a shell in the backcountry. Soft and bulk-free, it’s made of 10-oz 100% recycled polyester fleece dyed with a low-impact process that significantly reduces the use of dyestuffs, energy and water compared to conventional dyeing methods. Flat-seam construction reduces bulk and helps to eliminate seam chafe. A zippered left-chest pocket secures small valuables, and zippered handwarmer pockets keep fingers toasty. The stand-up collar has a zipper garage so your neck stays comfortable, while raglan sleeves provide pack-wearing comfort. Shape-holding, abrasion-resistant micropolyester jersey trims the collar, cuffs and hem. And it’s also Fair Trade Certified™ sewn, which means the people who made it earned a premium for their labor. Hip length.
By their nature, knitted garments are prone to pilling, and this style is no exception. Removing pills can help lengthen the life of your Patagonia sweater, plus it’s easy to do with a sweater stone. Learn about removing pills at wornwear.com
Features and Specifications
- Made of 100% recycled polyester fleece with sweater-knit face, fleece interior and heathered yarns; dyed with a low-impact process that significantly reduces the use of dyestuffs, energy and water compared to conventional dyeing methods
- Full-zip with zip-through, stand-up collar
- Raglan sleeves for mobility and pack-wearing comfort
- Zippered left-chest pocket; two zippered handwarmer pockets
- Shape-holding micropolyester jersey trim at cuffs and hem resists abrasion
- Flat-seam construction reduces bulk and helps eliminate seam chafe
- Hip length; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 638 g (22.5 oz)
- Materials: 10-oz 100% recycled polyester knitted fleece dyed with a low-impact process that significantly reduces the use of dyestuffs, energy and water compared to conventional dyeing methods.
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved.
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
Patagonia Size Chart - Men's
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.
Bluesign Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with Bluesign Technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in their materials supply chain, and to assist them with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. Bluesign Technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers. In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners. Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
Fair Trade Certified™
Patagonia pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries its label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.