Proven protection from the elements, the featherweight nylon Patagonia Women's Houdini Jacket is the go-to running shell for weather-resistant protection with an adjustable hood and its zippered chest pocket converts to a stuff sack.
Running the Evolution Loop in a day leaves little room for extras but plenty of room for the unplanned. The ultra-lightweight Women's Houdini is an essential - a running jacket that packs so small you'll never leave it behind. Its highly wind-resistant nylon ripstop fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish offers protection against wind gusts and light precipitation. The slim fit allows for a baselayer or light midlayer; a low-profile hood snugs with a single pull. When skies clear you can pack the Houdini into its own palm-sized zippered chest pocket and clip it to your hydration pack.
Features and Specifications
- Featherweight 100% ripstop nylon ripstop, with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Zippered chest pocket converts to stuffsack with a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop
- Durable half-elastic cuffs; drawcord hem
- Reflective logo on left chest and center-back neck
- Can be worn over baselayers and light midlayers
- 1.2-oz 10-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 102 g (4 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
Patagonia Size Chart - Women's
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.
Patagonia Houdini Jacket - Outdoor Gear Lab's Editor's Choice Award Wind Jacket
"The Patagonia Houdini - Women's has been a favorite wind breaker jacket among the outdoor set since its inception about a decade ago, and it continues to satisfy even the most extreme and rugged athletes today. This classic layering piece is highly wind resistant but also breathable. It's also more water resistant and lighter than any of the other wind breakers we tested; this jacket packs down so small there is almost no excuse for not bringing it with you on even the most lightweight mission. The Patagonia Houdini - Women's had the highest ratings in almost every category that we tested it in, and it's our overall Editors' Choice winner. We did prefer the softer, more natural feel of the Arc'teryx Squamish Hoody - Women's fabric. Otherwise, this is the best of the lot and a great layer to bring on your next climb, hike or bike ride to keep you sheltered from the wind and even a light rain."
Outdoor Gear Lab, 2018