Warm, stretchy and breathable, the updated Patagonia Women's Nano-Air Hoody Jacket features FullRange insulation and a new shell fabric with improved durability but the same soft hand, so you can wear it for the entirety of any aerobic, start-stop mission in the mountains.
Cruise to the base of the route, rack up. Climb, belay, repeat until the post-climb beer—all in one jacket. Our Nano-Air® Hoody sets a new standard for technical insulation, merging the comfort and breathability of open fleece with the protection and warmth of a puffy. The supremely stretchy and breathable fabric package combines a plain-weave liner, warm-when-wet FullRange® insulation and a lightweight, weather-shedding 100% nylon ripstop shell, which we’ve improved for durability. The hoody has an incredibly soft, supple feel and full mechanical stretch (without moisture-holding spandex) that creates a close, updated, femininely sculpted fit over baselayers and an uninhibited range of motion. When the belay goes from chilly to downright cold, pull on a lightweight shell and the Nano-Air’s thermal properties skyrocket. The trim, stretchy hood is designed for next-to-noggin use, though it’ll still fit snugly over low-profile helmets. Two above-harness handwarmer pockets and two smaller chest pockets all close with trim, low-bulk zippers. The center-front zipper has a zipper garage, a dual-adjustable drawcord hem seals in warmth and the newly refined cuffs feature a sleek, low-bulk, stretch-knit inset. The hoody has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Features and Specifications
- Updated 100% nylon ripstop shell and plain-weave lining offer generous mechanical stretch and exceptional breathability, with improved durability and abrasion resistance; both fabrics feature a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Revolutionary 60-g FullRange® insulation warms and stretches; combined with the shell and lining, this creates excellent mechanical stretch and unprecedented air permeability (40CFM)
- Articulated patterning and quilting improve shape and durability
Stretchy hood with binding easily pulls on or off, even when jacket is zipped
- Center-front zipper has zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Two handwarmer pockets, one external left-chest pocket, and one internal right-chest pocket are zippered, welted and low-bulk to wear comfortably with a harness or pack
- Sleek, low-bulk, snag-resistant cuffs use stretch knit for versatile coverage and comfort; a dual-adjustable drawcord hem seals in warmth
- 329 g (11.6 oz)
- Materials: Shell: 1.5-oz 30-denier 100% nylon ripstop. Lining: 2-oz 50-denier 100% nylon plain weave. Both with mechanical stretch and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Insulation: 60-g FullRange® 100% polyester stretch insulation
The Nano-Air™ Hoody, powered by 60-g FullRange™ insulation, offers dynamic warmth that stretches and breathes with you during any high-output, start-stop alpine mission.
The Nano-Air™ uses FullRange™ insulation with 4-way mechanical stretch, so it requires minimal stitching for stabilization. Pair that with a stretchy liner and shell, and the Nano-Air™ delivers unrestricted movement for highly dynamic activities.
The incredible breathability of our FullRange™ insulation (40 CFM) means you can go hard all day with zero swamp factor and spend less time messing with layers.
The 100% nylon ripstop shell still protects from light precip and all but blasting winds.
The ultimate insulation link-up of stretch plus breathability, Patagonia's Nano-Air collection places their 60-g FullRange Insulation between a light but durable shell and liner fabrics to create a product exclusive to Patagonia and unlike anything else out there. Offering excellent temperature regulation and unrestricted movement, it's ideal for continuous wear during highly aerobic mountain missions.
Patagonia Women's Nano-Air Jacket - Winner, 2015 Outside Gear of the Year
"Patagonia tried something new and it worked: a soft outer nylon backed with 60 grams of polyester insulation to create the Nano-Air, a super-breathable puffy. Translation: you'll be toasty at the start of your ski tour but won't overheat as you work your way upslope. Waiting for your partner at the summit in dumping snow? Pull a hard shell on top to stay dry. The extremely stretchable fabric helps this technical layer fit like your favorite sweater. It's so cozy and capable that it became our go-to piece for everything from climbing to skiing to running. 11.1 oz."
Outside Gear of the Year, 2015
Patagonia Size Chart - Women's
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.
Though each Patagonia® product is designed and shaped specifically for its intended use, we can generalize our fit descriptions in four ways:
Formfitting: Conforms to the body’s contours.
Slim Fit: Closer-fitting. Slim-fitting technical garments may be worn over baselayers and light midlayers.
Regular Fit: Neither slim nor oversized. Regular-fitting technical garments may be worn over heavier midlayers.
Relaxed Fit: Drapes loosely on the body.
Classic Boy Fit: Boxy, athletic, with a traditional crew neck.
Anika Fit: Formfitting and longer in the torso, with a wider, deeper neck (not quite scoop).