For a technical consumer who expects all-around performance and features out of their headlamp but still values a small size and compact package. This user has access to a power source and values the ability to go out on their mission with a fully charged battery.
- Rechargeable: Powered with integrated 1500 mAh Li-ion battery with micro-USB charge port
- 400 Lumen max output
- Recycled elastic headband featuring comfortable next to skin Repreve fiber construction
- IP67: Waterproof-Tested to operate at least 1.0 meters underwater for 30 minutes
- PowerTap™ Technology allows instant adjustment between max output and dimmed power
- Settings include full strength in proximity and distance modes, dimming, strobe, red night-vision and digital lock mode
- Integrated battery meter display shows % of power remaining
Brightness Memory allows you to turn the light on and off at a chosen brightness without reverting back to default setting
- Multifaceted optical efficiency lens technology
- Red night vision has dimming and strobe modes and activates without cycling through the white mode
- Digital lock mode feature safeguards against accidental use when stored in a pack or pocket
Lumens : [High] 325: [Medium] 160: [Low] 6:
Display Weight: 73 g
Max Distances : (High) 100 m, (Medium) 60 m, (Low) 12 m
IPX Rating : 67
IPX Rating : 67
Black Diamond Spot Editor's Choice Award, Outdoor Gear Lab
"The Spot is a light we have a kind of love-hate relationship with. For most practical purposes, the Spot is a terrific product that offers quality lighting at a good price, enough so that it wins an Editors' Choice award. It offers excellent optics, with strong performance in spotlight mode, and one of our favorites for use around camp or around the house, with a nice evenly lit flood beam. But, our love for the Spot is not unconditional. The Spot packs a lot of features into this little light, which is great, but they try to control them with a single button; accessing advanced features on the Spot is not easy to use involving a complex combination of single, double, and triple clicks combined with press-and-hold button actions. We also found several areas where the marketing claims on this little light over-promises and under-delivers. We cover this in more detail below but beware that the marketing claims for the Spot's battery life and waterproof features are, in our opinion, shamefully overstated and the actual performance does not match what the marketing claims promise. The Spot is nonetheless a quality light, and if the marketing claims were toned down to better match its actual real-world performance, we believe both Black Diamond and their consumers would be better served."
Outdoor Gear Lab, 2022.