The Women's Patagonia Nano-Air® Jacket was made to be worn for the entirety of your aerobic, start-stop alpine missions, so you’re never slowed down by changing layers. Warm, stretchy and breathable FullRange® insulation dumps excess heat when you’re working hard and keeps you warm when you’re not. Now built with significant recycled content in the shell, liner and insulation, our Nano-Air collection sets another new standard for technical insulation. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
It used to be somewhat mythical: A warm, stretchy breathable layer you could put on and leave on through high-output, stop-and-go activities in cold weather. That is, until our Nano-Air® Jacket broke onto the active insulation scene and redefined how we layer in the cold. Now, another breakthrough: we’ve upped the recycled content throughout the Nano-Air, from the lightweight, weather-shedding shell, to the comfortable plain-weave liner, to our warm-when-wet FullRange® insulation—all with zero sacrifice in performance. The Nano-Air still manages variable temperatures to keep you comfortable throughout a range of conditions. The woven textured yarn face fabric is soft, supple and durable, and better resists pilling than the original. Full mechanical stretch allows for a close, athletic fit over baselayers and total range of motion. At brew stops or in frigid conditions, pull on a lightweight shell and the Nano-Air’s thermal properties skyrocket. The left-chest pocket and two above-harness handwarmer pockets all close with trim, low-bulk zippers. The center-front zipper has a storm flap and zipper garage, a dual-adjustable drawcord hem seals in warmth and the Variable Conditions Cuffs have sleek, low-bulk stretch-knit insets that allow you to easily push up your sleeves. The jacket has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish to shed moisture.
Features and Specifications
- 100% polyester (now 87% recycled) plain-weave shell and lining fabric offers generous mechanical stretch, exceptional breathability and abrasion resistance; microtexture creates excellent next-to-skin comfort; features a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Revolutionary 60-g FullRange® insulation (now 40% recycled) warms and stretches, and combined with the shell and lining, offers outstanding mechanical stretch and air permeability (40CFM), allowing excess heat to move away from the body
- Stretch fabrics and insulation, articulated patterning and strategically placed, low-profile quilting provide superb range of motion for unhindered movement; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- Center-front zipper has zipper garage at chin for comfort
- Two handwarmer pockets and a left-chest pocket are zippered, low-profile and low-bulk for wear with a harness or pack
- Sleek, snag-resistant Variable Conditions Cuffs have stretch knit insets for coverage and comfort; elasticized hem seals in warmth
- Self-stuffs into left-chest pocket
- 269 g (9.5 oz)
- Materials: Shell and lining: 1.7-oz 100% polyester (87% recycled) plain weave with four-way mechanical stretch and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Cuffs: 4.9-oz 100% polyester snag-resistant stretch knit with a DWR finish.
Insulation: 60-g FullRange® 100% polyester (40% recycled) with four-way stretch.
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved.
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
The Nano-Air™ Hoody, powered by 60-g FullRange™ insulation, offers dynamic warmth that stretches and breathes with you during any high-output, start-stop alpine mission.
The Nano-Air™ uses FullRange™ insulation with 4-way mechanical stretch, so it requires minimal stitching for stabilization. Pair that with a stretchy liner and shell, and the Nano-Air™ delivers unrestricted movement for highly dynamic activities.
The incredible breathability of our FullRange™ insulation (40 CFM) means you can go hard all day with zero swamp factor and spend less time messing with layers.
The 100% nylon ripstop shell still protects from light precip and all but blasting winds.
The ultimate insulation link-up of stretch plus breathability, Patagonia's Nano-Air collection places their 60-g FullRange Insulation between a light but durable shell and liner fabrics to create a product exclusive to Patagonia and unlike anything else out there. Offering excellent temperature regulation and unrestricted movement, it's ideal for continuous wear during highly aerobic mountain missions.
Patagonia Women's Nano-Air Jacket - Winner, 2015 Outside Gear of the Year
"Patagonia tried something new and it worked: a soft outer nylon backed with 60 grams of polyester insulation to create the Nano-Air, a super-breathable puffy. Translation: you'll be toasty at the start of your ski tour but won't overheat as you work your way upslope. Waiting for your partner at the summit in dumping snow? Pull a hard shell on top to stay dry. The extremely stretchable fabric helps this technical layer fit like your favorite sweater. It's so cozy and capable that it became our go-to piece for everything from climbing to skiing to running. 11.1 oz."
Outside Gear of the Year, 2015
Patagonia Size Chart - Women's
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.
Though each Patagonia® product is designed and shaped specifically for its intended use, we can generalize our fit descriptions in four ways:
Formfitting: Conforms to the body’s contours.
Slim Fit: Closer-fitting. Slim-fitting technical garments may be worn over baselayers and light midlayers.
Regular Fit: Neither slim nor oversized. Regular-fitting technical garments may be worn over heavier midlayers.
Relaxed Fit: Drapes loosely on the body.
Classic Boy Fit: Boxy, athletic, with a traditional crew neck.
Anika Fit: Formfitting and longer in the torso, with a wider, deeper neck (not quite scoop).