Adventuring to a far-off destination where you'll stay with your belongings more often than leave them in your hostel? (Looking at you, tea house trek.) We have the perfect solution. A hybrid of travel and backpacking packs, the Osprey Farpoint Trek 55 Litre Backpack features both on-the-go and on-the-trail essentials. A luggage-style front-panel opening makes for painless packing and unpacking-leaving plenty of time to ask for a second serving of dal bhat and warm your muscles next to the yak dung-burning stove. An adjustable backpanel provides a custom torso fit and maximum airflow helps you stay cool and dry when putting in miles on the trail. In transit, a protective AirCover keeps away damage-in nature, it doubles as a waterproof raincover. Sleeping bag straps, a hydration compartment and hipbelt pockets provide a place for everything. Still need more room? The Trek is compatible with our Daylite® packs.
Key Fabrics used:
- Backpacking Meets Travel: Backpack-style carry keeps your load stable on your back while travel-specific features make it easy to stay organized.
- AirSpeed Suspension: Tensioned mesh backpanel keeps the weight off the back, enabling highly ventilated carrying comfort.
- AirCover Included: An AirPorter and a raincover in one—the AirCover protects your pack both when you check it in and when the skies open up.
- Daylite Compatible: Daylite attachment loops on the front panel of the pack come in handy when you need to bring an additional pack.
- Stowable AirCover protects checked packs and doubles as a raincover
- Large front panel access for easy packing
- Dual internal compression straps with fabric wings keep clothes neat
- Zippered lower compartment access with removable divider
- Removable sleeping pad straps
- Multi-function sleeve carries a hydration reservoir or tablet/laptop in padded case
- Upper side and front panel compression straps stabilize loads
- Small zippered top pocket stores smaller items
- Zippered hipbelt pockets
- Padded tubular side grab handle
- Durable stretch-woven side pockets
- Daylite® attachment loops / external attachment points
- Vertical front panel quick-zip pocket
- Airspeed Suspension: 4 mm LightWire peripheral frame effectively transfers the load from harness to hipbelt
- Harness: Soft edgeless padded mesh harness with 4+” of adjustability for a perfect fit. Adjustable sternum strap with safety whistle
- Airspeed Backpanel: 3D-tensioned breathable mesh backpanel with side ventilation
- Hipbelt: Soft edgeless padded mesh offers a soft, breathable contact
Volumes and Weights
US and International weight and volume specifications
|Osprey Farpoint 55 Trek
- Main - 420HD Nylon Packcloth
- Accent - 500 Denier Nylon Packcloth
- Bottom - 500 Denier Nylon Packcloth