Osprey learned everything they could from their guides and athletes to ensure that when you're heading to bigger ranges for more committing objectives that require extra gear, the Osprey Mutant 52 Climbing / Mountaineering Backpack has everything you need for the approach to basecamp and the route ahead. The cavernous main compartment has a ton of room for gear and clothing, dual ice tool attachments, reinforced A-frame ski carry, and wand/picket pockets secure your toys and necessities to the exterior and for harder pitches a three-point haul system allows you to bring the pack up once you've established the belay. The hipbelt includes gear loops, and if you're moving light and fast and need access to your harness, the top lid and hipbelt are removable to save weight and space. Like every pack we make, the Mutant 52 is backed by our All Mighty Guarantee. For big climbs and long approaches, the Mutant 52 is the way to go.
FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION
Built to be lightweight and reliable with alpine-specific features such as dual ToolLocks with bungee tie-offs, helmet carry (52L and 38L only), strippable features, rope carry and a narrow profile for efficiency in the mountains.
Removable top lid (for 52L and 38L only), removable suspension (framesheet on 22L, framesheet and/or dual stays on 38L/52L), and a removable hipbelt on 52L allow the user to trim weight.
Osprey's superior fit makes for efficient and ultimately safer movement in the mountains so that you're never thinking about your pack during runout cruxes through rotten rock or thin ice.
- Snowshed fabric backpanel
- Dual ToolLocks with bungee tie-offs
- Front panel daisy chain for additional gear attachment
- Three-point haul system
- Internal hydration sleeve
- Glove-friendly buckles
- Rope attachment and internal compression
- Removable top lid with integraged FlapJacket for lidless use
- Top or front of pack helmet carry
- Reinforced A-frame ski carry
- Dual side wand/picket pockets
- Quick release upper side compression straps
- Lower side compression straps
- Dual hipbelt gear loops and ice gear carry attachment
- Removable and interchangeable hipbelt
Key Fabrics used:
- Main: 210D High Tenacity Nylon
- Accent: 210D Nylon Honey Comb Contrast Thread
- Bottom: 420HD Nylon Packcloth
9 - 23 kg
Volumes and Weights
US and International weight and volume specifications
Dimensions are shown as length (height) x width x depth
CM: 74 x 56 x 30
Sizing and Fitting of your Osprey Pack
|Mutant 52 Litre Backpack||Small/Medium||Medium/Large|