With its innovative, seamless, 3-D knit structure, the Patagonia Men's Capilene® Air Crew offers amazing warmth and comfort range. An airy blend of 51% merino wool and 49% recycled polyester wicks moisture, resists odor and dries in a flash.
Capilene® Air is the most advanced baselayer Patagonia have ever made. It has the greatest range of warmth and comfort of any of their baselayers, insulates even when wet, dries quickly, and resists odors for day after day use. Made from an airy blend of 51% merino wool from New Zealand 49% Capilene® recycled polyester, Capilene® Air feels light and soft on the skin and stretches naturally to move with the body in motion. Patagonia created the soft 18.5-micron-guage-yarns used in Capilene® Air with an innovative airblasting technology that dramatically increases the yarn’s loft while reducing weight compared to traditional wool yarn. Seamless 3-D construction eliminates chafe points throughout the entire garment and nearly eliminates wasted material. Soft, stretchy elastic knit in the cuffs and hem keep the garment positioned where you want it and add skin-pampering comfort for extended use. With a gender-specific box-stitch texture to trap warmth and allow airflow.
Features and Specifications
- Fine merino wool from New Zealand blended with Capilene® recycled polyester for enhanced warmth balanced with improved wicking, durability and dry time
- 18.5-micron-gauge yarn; lofted wool innovation
- Fabric is soft against skin and stretches to move with the body
- Seamless 3-D construction eliminates chafe points through the entire garment and has almost no wasted material
- Soft, stretchy elastic knit in cuffs and hem for added recovery and comfort over extended use
- 184 g (6.5 oz)
- Materials: 5.6-oz (190-g) 51% merino wool/49% recycled polyester seamless box-stitch knit comprised of 18.5-micron-gauge lofted wool
Capilene Polyester Baselayer
Made from moisture-wicking polyester, Capilene® synthetic baselayers wick moisture away from your skin, breathe efficiently and dry fast to provide the foundation for any layering system for any pursuit. Designed for fast-forward, aerobic activities, they’re quick to wick and quick to dry. Capilene polyester is made from recycled polyester (35% recycled content or more) and is also machine washable.
Patagonia makes four Capilene fabrics for different levels of exertion and temperatures. All Capilene fabrics have achieved bluesign® approval; have an updated and consistent fit in each fabric weight; and use Polygiene® technology to control odor in the garment. They are the best baselayer option for high-sweat activities and wet conditions.
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier.
Fair Trade Certified
Patagonia Size Chart - Men's
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.