The perfect warmth for just about everything, Patagonia's classic Men's Down Sweater Vest is lightweight and windproof with a 100% recycled polyester ripstop shell and 800-fill-power Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down certified by NSF International from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure that the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked).
Worth its weight in gold when the sun dips below the horizon, the Patagonia Men's Down Sweater Vest keeps its focus simple: core warmth. It traps your hard-earned heat with high-loft, 800-fill-power Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down certified by NSF International, traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure that the birds are not force-fed or live-plucked) and its minimalist design practically floats—it’s so compact that it stuffs into an internal pocket (with a carabiner clip-in loop). The 100% recycled polyester shell with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish provides wind and weather protection, while quilting lines stabilize the down. The drawcord hem tightens from inside the zippered handwarmer pockets, and nylon-bound elastic armholes seal in heat.
Features and Specifications
- Durable shell fabric is made of 100% recycled polyester ripstop treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 800-fill-power Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down certified by
- NSF International from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure that the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked)
- Center-front Vislon® zipper has wicking interior storm flap and zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Two secure handwarmer pockets have Vislon zippers and garages; internal zippered chest pocket converts to stuffsack with a carabiner clip-in loop
- Comfortable nylon-bound elastic armholes seal in warmth
- Hem adjusts with cord locks at front hem
- 278 g (9.8 oz)
- Materials: Shell: 1.4-oz 20x30-denier 100% recycled polyester ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Lining: 1.4-oz 20-denier 100% recycled polyester ripstop with a DWR finish. Insulation: 800-fill-power Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down certified by NSF International from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked)
- Regular Fit
100 % Traceable Down Insulation
Patagonia 100% Traceable Down provides the highest assurance of animal welfare in the apparel industry. Every down cluster, in every one of their down products, comes exclusively from birds that were never force-fed and never live-plucked. How do we know? Patagonia hired an independent third-party expert to trace and verify their down supply chain from farm to jacket–and every step in between.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
In 1993, Patagonia adopted fleece into their product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soft drink bottles, making them the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, Patagonia are able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. They now recycle used soft drink bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of their clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.
Patagonia Size Chart - Men's (inches)
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.
Though each Patagonia® product is designed and shaped specifically for its intended use, we can generalize our fit descriptions in four ways:
Formfitting: Conforms to the body’s contours.
Slim Fit: Closer-fitting. Slim-fitting technical garments may be worn over baselayers and light midlayers.
Regular Fit: Neither slim nor oversized. Regular-fitting technical garments may be worn over heavier midlayers.
Relaxed Fit: Drapes loosely on the body.
Classic Boy Fit: Boxy, athletic, with a traditional crew neck.
Anika Fit: Formfitting and longer in the torso, with a wider, deeper neck (not quite scoop).