The Patagonia Men's Simul Alpine Pants are light yet protective soft-shell pants that let you move quickly and smoothly over alpine rock and snow.
The lightweight polyester stretch-woven fabric of the Patagonia Men's Simul Alpine Pants moves, breathes and resists weather, while the articulated pattern and gusseted crotch complement the technical cut. The separating zip-fly waist adjusts solely with Patagonia's sleek, innovative OppoSet™ adjustable waist (no more belt loops) for an on-the-go, customized fit. The two front and thigh pockets (sized to accommodate a field notebook) all close with zippers. A slender lower leg lets you see your feet, and the cuffs tighten with a shock cord and cord lock. Tie-down loops allow you to attach an under-the-heel cord for use with ice boots.
Features and Specifications
- Durable, stretchy and breathable polyester soft-shell fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Articulated pattern and gusseted crotch enhance movement and comfort under a harness
- Zip fly with OppoSet™ adjustable waist creates a low-bulk, customized fit by simply holding the button while pulling the webbing tail to tighten
- Zippered and welted pockets and zippered thigh pockets sit above the knee and below harness leg loops
- Narrow lower leg, adjustable single cuff and tie-down loops for compatibility with alpine boots
- 366 g (12.9 oz)
- Materials: 5.2-oz 100% polyester stretch double weave with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Patagonia Size Chart - Men's
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.