Patagonia's most technical running shorts. Fast-drying, light and built for long missions when utility is critical. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
The Patagonia Men's Strider Pro Shorts carry what you need for a full day of mountain running, thanks to four overlapping, fast-drying, stretch-woven hip pockets (two on each side). An additional phone/card-sized, fast-drying, center-back pocket closes securely with a zipper. The pockets lie flat, won’t flap when empty and use a fabric that dries in a flash, is more durable and recovers well over extended use to hold everything from energy gels to a Houdini® Jacket. The light, fast-drying 100% recycled polyester stretch ripstop fabric on the outer body has generous side splits to further enhance airflow. The open-knit 100% polyester crepe liner (with HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control) dries fast, weighs little and breathes freely. Brushed elastic lines the soft, quick-drying, low-bulk waistband, and the sturdy drawcord exits externally for additional comfort. With a reflective logo on the left hem, a locker loop for hang drying and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. 5" inseam with 2" crossover split for mobility.
Features and Specifications
- Smooth, ultralight, ultrafast-drying 100% recycled polyester stretch ripstop fabric
- Body fabric treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- External drawcord for adjustability and comfort
- Four envelope pockets with stretch for easy stashing, and one secure zip pocket on center back; pocket fabric is durable and quick-drying
- Lightweight, built-in 100% polyester (42% recycled) crepe brief liner wicks, dries quickly and provides chafe-free comfort, with HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control
- Light and minimal elastic waistband provides moisture management and reduced bulk, while still providing the power and recovery you need
- Reflective logo on front-left hem; locker loop for hang drying; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 0.105 kg
- Materials: Body: 1.9-oz 100% recycled polyester stretch ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Pockets: 3-oz 89% recycled polyester/11% spandex woven with a DWR finish. Liner: 2.7-oz 100% polyester (42% recycled) crepe with HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control.
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved.
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
Patagonia Size Chart - Men's
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a middle school locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier. Polygiene-treated fabrics have received Medical Class 1 approval in Europe, the same class that includes bandages.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
bluesign Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in their materials supply chain, and to assist with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.