The Patagonia Women's Capilene Thermal Weight Bottoms is Patagonia's warmest baselayer made with low-bulk Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control and is Fair Trade Certified™ for sewing.
For dark-o’clock starts, you need technical insulation that keeps you dry when moving and warm once the action slows. The micro-grid fleece interior of Patagonia's Capilene® Thermal Weight provides the greatest warmth combined with the greatest breathability of any baselayer in our lineup. Soft, stretchy and compressible, Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric has a smooth face that glides beneath layers and a brushed fleece interior to warm your core, wick moisture and feel smooth against your skin. This fabric also has 30–92% recycled content and is treated with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Features include a brushed elastic waistband for next-to-skin softness, gusseted crotch for mobility; flatlock seams that minimize chafing.
Features and Specifications
- Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control has a smooth face for easy layering. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- Fabric’s open-grid pattern next to skin provides superior warmth, breathability and moisture-wicking performance
- Spandex for stretch and ease of movement
- Flat waistband has brushed inner elastic for next-to-skin softness
- Gusseted crotch for comfort and unimpeded mobility
- Flatlock seams minimize chafing
- 139 g (4.9 oz)
- Materials: 3.8-oz (129-g) Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric.
- Solids: 92% recycled polyester/8% spandex; heathers: 92% polyester (30% recycled)/8% spandex; both with Polygiene® permanent odor control.
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewing.
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
Capilene Polyester Baselayer
Made from moisture-wicking polyester, Capilene® synthetic baselayers wick moisture away from your skin, breathe efficiently and dry fast to provide the foundation for any layering system for any pursuit. Designed for fast-forward, aerobic activities, they’re quick to wick and quick to dry. Capilene polyester is made from recycled polyester (35% recycled content or more) and is also machine washable.
Patagonia makes four Capilene fabrics for different levels of exertion and temperatures. All Capilene fabrics have achieved bluesign® approval; have an updated and consistent fit in each fabric weight; and use Polygiene® technology to control odor in the garment. They are the best baselayer option for high-sweat activities and wet conditions.
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier.
In 1993, Patagonia adopted fleece into their product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. They were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, Patagonia is able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.
Patagonia Size Chart - Women's
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.