Warm, stretchy and breathable, the updated Patagonia Women's Nano-Air Jacket features FullRange insulation and a new shell fabric with improved durability but the same soft hand, so you can wear it for the entirety of any aerobic, start-stop mission in the mountains.
From crisp moonlit approaches through sublime sunset summits, on mixed routes and backcountry tours, the Patagonia Women's Nano-Air Jacket is a breakthrough in active insulation for high-output, stop-and-go alpine missions in the cold. Its stretchy and highly breathable fabric package integrates the qualities of fleece, soft shell and puffy by combining warm-when-wet FullRange insulation with a plain-weave liner and a lightweight, weather-shedding 100% nylon ripstop shell, which has been improved for durability. All of which means you can put it on and leave it on. The incredibly soft, supple feel and full mechanical stretch allow for a close, updated, femininely sculpted fit over baselayers and an uninhibited range of motion. At chilly belays or in frigid conditions, pull on a lightweight shell and the Nano-Air’s thermal properties skyrocket. The left-chest pocket and two above-harness handwarmer pockets all close with trim, low-bulk zippers. The center-front zipper has a storm flap and zipper garage, a dual-adjustable drawcord hem seals in warmth and the newly refined cuffs feature a sleek, low-bulk, stretch-knit inset. The jacket has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Features and Specifications
- Updated 100% nylon ripstop shell and plain-weave lining offer generous mechanical stretch and exceptional breathability, with improved durability and abrasion resistance; both fabrics feature a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Revolutionary 60-g FullRange® insulation warms and stretches; combined with the shell and lining, this creates excellent mechanical stretch and unprecedented air permeability (40CFM)
- Articulated patterning and quilting improve shape and durability
- Center-front zipper has zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Two handwarmer pockets and a left-chest pocket are zippered, welted and low-bulk to wear comfortably with a harness or pack
- Sleek, low-bulk, snag-resistant cuffs use stretch knit for versatile coverage and comfort; a dual-adjustable drawcord hem seals in warmth
- 298 g (10.5 oz)
- Materials: Shell: 1.5-oz 30-denier 100% nylon ripstop. Lining: 2-oz 50-denier 100% nylon plain weave. Both with mechanical stretch and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Insulation: 60-g FullRange® 100% polyester stretch insulation
The Nano-Air™ Hoody, powered by 60-g FullRange™ insulation, offers dynamic warmth that stretches and breathes with you during any high-output, start-stop alpine mission.
The Nano-Air™ uses FullRange™ insulation with 4-way mechanical stretch, so it requires minimal stitching for stabilization. Pair that with a stretchy liner and shell, and the Nano-Air™ delivers unrestricted movement for highly dynamic activities.
The incredible breathability of our FullRange™ insulation (40 CFM) means you can go hard all day with zero swamp factor and spend less time messing with layers.
The 100% nylon ripstop shell still protects from light precip and all but blasting winds.
The ultimate insulation link-up of stretch plus breathability, Patagonia's Nano-Air collection places their 60-g FullRange Insulation between a light but durable shell and liner fabrics to create a product exclusive to Patagonia and unlike anything else out there. Offering excellent temperature regulation and unrestricted movement, it's ideal for continuous wear during highly aerobic mountain missions.
Patagonia Women's Nano-Air Jacket - Winner, 2015 Outside Gear of the Year
"Patagonia tried something new and it worked: a soft outer nylon backed with 60 grams of polyester insulation to create the Nano-Air, a super-breathable puffy. Translation: you'll be toasty at the start of your ski tour but won't overheat as you work your way upslope. Waiting for your partner at the summit in dumping snow? Pull a hard shell on top to stay dry. The extremely stretchable fabric helps this technical layer fit like your favorite sweater. It's so cozy and capable that it became our go-to piece for everything from climbing to skiing to running. 11.1 oz."
Outside Gear of the Year, 2015
Patagonia Size Chart - Women's
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.
Though each Patagonia® product is designed and shaped specifically for its intended use, we can generalize our fit descriptions in four ways:
Formfitting: Conforms to the body’s contours.
Slim Fit: Closer-fitting. Slim-fitting technical garments may be worn over baselayers and light midlayers.
Regular Fit: Neither slim nor oversized. Regular-fitting technical garments may be worn over heavier midlayers.
Relaxed Fit: Drapes loosely on the body.
Classic Boy Fit: Boxy, athletic, with a traditional crew neck.
Anika Fit: Formfitting and longer in the torso, with a wider, deeper neck (not quite scoop).